Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Brown Sugar Brownies

Posted by lorna-organic on Mon, Jan 28, 08 at 15:18

I love to trade recipes. How fun! I am so pleased that you tried the scones. This is an old favorite of mine, and very easy. I usually use cocoa, when I make this recipe because I am too lazy to melt chocolate . The substitution ratio is at the end.

Brown Sugar Brownies

2 squares (2oz.) unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Melt chocolate. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in chocolate, then stir in flour and cinnamon. Fold in the nuts. Bake in a greased 9 inch square pan at 325 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. Use the toothpick test to make sure your brownies are done. Cool slightly, and cut into bars.

*Cocoa can be substituted for chocolate. It would be 6 tablespoons of cocoa, plus 2 extra tablespoons butter.