Thursday, February 5, 2009

Granny's Shepherd Pie

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. on Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 11:50

Here's my version of a shepherd's pie or to be more precise my grandmother's version. This is made from left over roast beef. No exact measurements, use what you have.

Granny's Shepherd Pie

Left over roast beef put through a meat grinder along with an onion, how much? to your own taste, I use a smallish one. put this in a casserole, mix any left over gravy in, salt and pepper to taste. Cover this with a layer of left over mashed potatoes, dot with butter. Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour.

I have used frozen hash browns instead of potatoes, put a bit of cooked rice in with the meat, I've also put leftover carrots through the grinder with the meat and onion, sometimes leftover peas, sometimes a bit of cooked rutabaga depending on what I have are also added.