Wednesday, April 1, 2009

(Too lazy to go to the store) Macaroni Casserole

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. on Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 11:57

(Too lazy to go to the store) Macaroni Casserole
I came up with this version one night using what was available as I didn't feel like going grocery shopping. Now one of my families favorite dishes.

There are no set amounts of anything, it's a fly by the seat of your pants recipe so add, subtract, do your own thing with it.

Depending on how many servings you'll need cook elbow macaroni or any pasta shapes you have on hand (I like seashells) for about 10 minutes in boiling water, drain, throw in a dutch oven.

Pour enough tomato juice over the top to cover the pasta.

Dice bacon, fry crisp, discard fat or keep a tablespoonful :o) Add to the pasta.

Grate Cheddar Cheese, add this to the pasta mix, stir to mix, bake at 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour.

When I make this it's an add...that looks about right... type of dish so the amounts I'm giving are approximate.

4 cups of uncooked pasta
Large can of tomato juice, use what is needed to cover the pasta, don't be stingy.
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese, more or less, you decide.
1/2 lb. or less of diced bacon fried crisp, 1 tbsp. of the drippings if your feeling 'What the Heck'
I usually serve this with crusty bread and a green salad.

When I came up with this it was a real hit with my family, all our kids make this and so do all their friends.