Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Just Add Greens" Salad Dressing

Posted by girlgroupgirl 8 Atlanta on Sun, Mar 2, 08 at 12:59

Since I will begin growing my spring greens this month, I am going to share this yummy salad dressing I created. Oil free and so full of taste that you don't need another single thing other than mixed greens in your salad!

"Just Add Greens" Salad Dressing

1 sm. jar of roasted red peppers (or roast one of your own) in brine, not oil.
1 sm. log of chevre cheese
1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. of light broth. I use veggie
12 dry bagged sundried tomatoes
salt
pepper

Using kitchen scissors, cut your sundried tomatoes into small pieces. Put them in a microwavable container with the broth and cover with a paper towel. Heat until the tomatoes are puffy and soft.

In a food processor, blender or with an immersion blender add all ingredients together and whirr to make as smooth a dressing as you can. It will be fairly thick. In the summer I may add fresh oregano or basil leaves for a change.

On a fresh bed of greens, this is just the best. Sometimes I will snip chives into my salad, or use fresh edible flowers. This dressing is particularly lovely with it's creamy red color over a bed of greens, and then top the whole thing with gorgeous red, yellow and orange nasturium blossoms.